Re: [linux-audio-dev] RE: Non-Sequential LADSPA Extension: experimental SDK

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RE: Non-Sequential LADSPA Extension: experimental SDK
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 21:47:27 EET

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Richard W.E. Furse wrote:

> (b) People don't find them interesting/useful.
> (d) Everyone's too busy with the holiday season.

(b) is a bit too much on the negative side for my taste, so let's add
a little (d) to the mix. :) Seriously, there aren't just that many
hosts that can take advantage of this new API. From my own apps, ecawave
could in theory support it, but as it is now, ecawave just let's ecasound
do all audio stuff. And as LADSPA plugins are wrapped inside ecasound's
effect interface, adding support for non-sequential operation would
require major restructuring.

As for other hosts, Sweep, Snd and Ardour seem like the most likely
candidates. It's likely that discussion about the API details doesn't
really start until someone tries to write a host implementation.