[linux-audio-dev] Re: Cecilia sources

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Cecilia sources
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 16:47:20 EET

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu wrote:

> Where could I get my copy of Cecilia sources?

I've cc'd this response to the LAD list in case anyone there missed the
announcement.

Tcl/Tk sources are now available for Cecilia, a graphic front-end (and
more) for Csound:

        ftp://mustec.bgsu.edu/pub/linux/libLinux.tar.gz

It has been pointed out to me that the terms of use, modification, and
distribution are somewhat shaky. Basically, if you modify the code you
have to let Jean Piche know about it if you intend to distribute it with
your modifications. Hopefully I can persuade Jean to place it under the
GPL eventually.

Btw, you'll have to push things around a bit to get it going. The xcec
script needs altered to reflect the whereabouts of wish, a link must be
made from xterm to color_xterm (or you can modify the reference in the
sources), and you might also want to change the references to ttyS0 and
ttyS1 to something like midi0 and midi1.

You can run it from the scripts directly (from xcec) or you can try
compiling it (instructions are included in the package). I have so far
been unable to compile it, please let me know if you succeed.

You might also want to drop a note of thanks to Jean...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net

Currently listening to: Christopher Parkening, "Etude #11" (Villa-Lobos)