[linux-audio-dev] Re: Cecilia sources

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Cecilia sources
From: Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu (umbpux_AT_tin.it)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 20:29:15 EET

Thanks Dave.

Dave Phillips wrote:
> [...snip...]
> You can run it from the scripts directly (from xcec) or you can try
> compiling it (instructions are included in the package). I have so far
> been unable to compile it, please let me know if you succeed.

Apart from hiding the sources, what should be the reason for compiling
Cecilia?
Speed improvements?

I don't know tcl2c but since the README file states that you need
tclcruncher (which "removes all unneeded white space, comments, etc. to
make faster Tcl/tclX/[incr tcl]/itcl/etc. sources."), I guess that tcl2c
is not a real "tcl to c" converter. It probably just generates a C
program that executes your script (Cecilia) in an embedded TCL
intepreter. So probably there will be no speed gain. The only gain in
this field comes from tclcruncher.

Am I wrong?

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu