[linux-audio-dev] Hi! new member introduction...

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Hi! new member introduction...
From: leaf_AT_babble.vibrant.org
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 04:21:17 EEST

Hi... i'm new to the list and i wanted to introduce myself...
My name's Phil, and i've been involved with electronic music production
and software for the past 10 years... I worked at Midisoft for a while on
their sequencer, and at Metalithic on their digital audio workstation.

My audio programming skills won't compare to others on the list,
but i have been thinking about interfaces for music synthesis for 10
years, and i have prototyped some of this using hardware - ie wiring up a
combination of analog synths, jammans (for sound on sound), fx units, and
mmt8's.

I would love to help develop a real-time looping sequencer that provides
the ability to play multiple tracks, process them, mix them down, and
associate them with sequence data (ala Midi) - all real-time. Also, this
tool would support collaborative synthesis - ie two or more dj's adding
their own sounds, filtering, processing, and remixing each other on the
fly...

The primary weakness i see with most music apps is that they are
"composition" tools rather than real-time instruments. My efforts
will be focused on the development of a real-time tool, open-source,
something that gives people even more reason to use linux and other open
platforms.

anyway, that being said, hi. i look forward to meeting more people on the
list, finding out what has already been written, and helping produce even
more great tools.

thanks,
Phil Lockwood
phil_AT_vibrant.org