Re: [linux-audio-dev] java 1.3 sound capabilities

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] java 1.3 sound capabilities
From: Jim Coker (jcoker_AT_jguru.com)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:21:42 EEST

My impressions, admittedly from a cursory look, is that
Java is not appropriate when reliable, low-latency
timing is an issue. It's an issue both on the VM
side (no thread-timing guarantees, and no ability
to do interrupt-level programming), and on the API side.
Even though they don't want to admit it, I'm sure Sun's
developers are aware of this, and are shying away from
such applications.

Jim