[linux-audio-dev] Audio software distro?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Audio software distro?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 00:03:23 EEST

Hello. What is the status of Linux audio software "distribution"?
I mean a collection of audio softwares, not a true Linux distribution.

We could get the LADistro one step further by listing known-to-compile
software and on what libraries they depend on (including non-audio
libraries). This would help us to download all the needed software, and
later help in compiling the audio software distribution.

The list may not need the URLs because they can be checked from
Dave's Linux Sound & MIDI Software pages.

My initial list is very short for the purpose. Please compile the
software before sending the info. Post to list so that we all can
see how entries flows in.

I also would like to receive your list of audio software which you use
most frequently. Perhaps you could mention if you have a couple of feature
requests. Please, send this info directly to me.

Regards,

Juhana

Package Depends on
Snd ?