RE: [linux-audio-dev] RE: [Linux-audio-dev] Re: Gigasampler Clone

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] RE: [Linux-audio-dev] Re: Gigasampler Clone
From: Garth Brantley (garth_AT_fullduplex.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 01:47:10 EEST

    I found the AIFF-C Spec at http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/aiff-c.txt.
However the only Keymap like info I found is the "Instrument Chunk" this
specifies loop points, original pitch, detune, key range & velocity range.
This is fine for one sample (although envelopes & filter settings will also
need to defined per sample), however the file format we would need for a
software sampler would include many individual samples (with all parameters)
as well as global program parameters. Of course the sampled audio itself
should be maintained in WAV or AIFF compatible manner.
I am going to do a little research into the basic requirements for a file
format. I will post a report to the mailing list when I have something
assembled.

 -Garth