Re: [linux-audio-dev] MTC, SMPTE, etc.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MTC, SMPTE, etc.
From: Iain Sandoe (iain_AT_sandoe.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 18:37:57 EEST

Thu, Jul 20, 2000, Dave Phillips wrote:
[..]

> From my own POV, I'm disappointed that I can't use the advanced features
> of my nice dual-port MIDI interface (a Music Quest MQX32M). OSS/Linux
> supports the card, but apparently not completely. In fact, I don't think
> I've yet seen any Linux support for intelligent mode MIDI interfaces. Big
> bummer, since my studio gear is all MIDI-fied.
>
> I'm just rambling/rumbling here, but I'm interested in other opinions on
> the subject. Anyone want to add a peseta or two ??

I was equally dismayed (and it has slowed me down a bit - well coding is
doing that too :-)...

However, Benno told me that the AMT8 is supported (he suggested a check over
the ALSA archives)...

I'm also interested in MTP or Studio-4 drivers + the possibility of
implementing OMS-like high level functions...

It will be essential to have these facilities to get complete integration -
what's the point in using up all that disk space & I/O bandwidth to
reproduce something that can be stored in a 32kbit data stream?

not pesetas... but nevertheless £0.02 :-)
Iain.