Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Realtime restrictions when running multiple audio apps .. Was: Re: disksampler ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Realtime restrictions when running multiple audio apps .. Was: Re: disksampler ...
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 23:39:59 EEST

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

>> FILE_IO_STUPID and FILE_IO_CLEVER which actually implement the
>> read() and write() functions. The first class simply uses fread()
> Kai, I don't suppose you have FILE_IO_EDL implemented yet, do you ?
> That is, I/O to and from a "file" that is accompanied by an edit
> decision list. The actual "file" may consist of one or more disk files.

Unfortunately no. :( And btw, EDL class would IMO be a higher level class.
Instead of general file i/o, you'd implement it as a new file-format
interface.

The only EDL type of thing that I've written is ecasound's ewf format.
It's a wrapper format for other audio objects (.ewf text file containing
offset and length info, looping, etc; actual audio is kept in normal
wav/mp3/whatever files). Currently it only supports a few simple (yet very
useful) cases.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .