Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone
From: Joe Miklojcik (jmik_AT_nbcs.rutgers.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 00:55:06 EEST

"Richard A. Smith" wrote:

> I am not even that much of a musician.. Piano is what I TRY to play but years of non-
> practice and not being very good to begin with leave me with nothing more than fumbleing
> through stuff I used to have memorized.

Have you thought about electronic percussion? Two months of regular rudiment practice will
turn you into a competent percussionist, and since you probably have enough computer training
to program the HECK out of a synthesizer...

... and again, I strongly recommend basing your work off of Quasimodo. See
www.quasimodo.org. The project author (and all around Linux Audio swell guy) is Paul (hi
Paul!), who is quite approachable in terms of questions, design debates, &c. In fact, he had
just mentioned how cool Gigasampler was a few posts ago...

----
Joe Miklojcik