Re: [linux-audio-dev] Archives?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Archives?
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: ke maalis 08 2000 - 14:58:39 EST

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, John Littler wrote:

>> Is LAD archive? New people comes in and the LAD page doesn't mention
>> any archives. And so many good debates they are missing...
> Someone mentioned www.mail-archive.com (I think)
> last time this came up. It looks quite OK to me.
> Did the idea get dropped last time because there are
> objections to an archive? Personally I think it's a great
> idea but I don't feel that it's right to just go off and
> do it (which, with mail-archive.com pretty much just consists

Well, it seems that there are no objections. I've put up
a archive at http://eca.cx/lad ... (yep, hypermail based).
As soon as the archive-address is accepted as a LAD member,
archiving starts to work in realtime. No search yet, unfortunately.

As for old messages, the above address has all LAD messages
since "Tue, 01 Jun 1999 17:03:31 +0100". I created these
archives from my personal folders.

Btw; What's the story behind LAD prior to that date? I remember
     that when I joined LAD (the above date), the first month was
     really quiet. Then Dave (Phillips) send a message with
     subject "[linux-audio-dev] What do we need now ?" and, well,
     the rest is history. ;)

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing