Re: [linux-audio-dev] Archives?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Archives?
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de)
Date: ke maalis 08 2000 - 20:52:30 EST

kai,

thanksE06 for starting this archive!

i think we can put up with the spam problem compared to all the
benefits of an archive site:
1. the prior art stuff gets taken down officially.
2. the ideas and knowledge that have shown up become searchable
(well, if you can do that..?)
3. people who have just joined can see what's up.
4. we can at last flame people to read the fucking archive >;->

as to completing the collection with older messages:
i remember dave phillips mention he had the entire traffic on his
drives some time ago when the archive thing came up for the first
time.
dave, do you still have them lying around ?

one more question:
how "official" is this list ?
are the people on lkml generally aware of it ?
is it mentioned on major linux sites ?
i know that dlp has it, this should cover 99% of users, but we
wouldn't want to miss the rest !
fortunately, the exchange between the alsa-devel list and this one
has become quite intense.

regards,

jörn

--