Re: [linux-audio-dev] Archives?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Archives?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: to maalis 09 2000 - 19:04:21 EST

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> dave's site would be a perfect place, but i don't know if his host
> would tolerate even more traffic...
> btw: who are the umontreal folks that host this list ?
> maybe they're willing to host the LAD home page, too ?

As you all know, the LAD page on my site is a simple guide to signing
on. The actual mail handling is done at umontreal, which I believe was
set up by Jean Piche and Alexandre Burton.

If Jorn is talking about using my Bright.net site for anything more than
that, I advise looking elsewhere. My ISP limits transfers to 30 MB
daily, and they will shut me down if transfers exceed that limit, only
letting me back on after midnight. I've had problems with the Linux
Soundapps site getting shut down, which is why I solicited space for the
mirrors (and went to a frames version).

> is there a consensus to have it automatically set to LAD ?
> if yes, what's the address to reach a flesh and blood list
> maintainer ?

I don't think there really is a maintainer beyond Jean and Alex. The
list is also unmoderated (which I think we're all happy with, yes ?).

Btw, it might be a good idea to create a members list so everyone can
see what everyone else does or is doing. A casual glance at the usual
addresses on LAD mail turns up the authors of most of the maintained
Linux audio software. I'm very happy about that, and it's also
gratifying to consider the various high levels of discussion taking
place here.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound