Home page, was re: Archives?

Subject: Home page, was re: Archives?
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: pe maalis 10 2000 - 11:34:23 EST

Kai wrote:
> Or, Dave can host the main page and rest of us will mirror the
> site at http://ourproject.org/lad ... :)

Multiple mirrors might not be a bad idea, as long as they're kept up
to date. But as for Dave being the central guy, it sounds like he
has as much on his site as he can handle for now, and would be happy
to have someone else be the "main" site. Am I wrong?

OK, let's sum up the possible hosts for LAD. I guess *someone* needs
to be in charge... though I imagine we could be pretty loose with
who here has permission to modify things.

Is it too soon to call a vote for who / where is the main LAD page?

Paul Barton-Davis has offered
http://quasimodo.org/lad/

Kai Vehmanen has suggested
http://lad.cx

I have offered
http://audio.netpedia.net
(currently just the Audio Quality HOWTO, but there's no reason not
to put that on a sub-page.) This was given to me as part of
netpedia's free open-source hosting thing.

I kind of like mine best because it has "audio" in it. :)

Here's Netpedia's policy on these free open-source pages:
> We will not require that you place any banner or even reference to
> netpedia.net on your page.
> You will receive a subdomain under netpedia.net -- i.e.,
> yourproject.netpedia.net.
> Full FTP services on all accounts. No shell access just yet.
> Full CGI as well as server side include (SSI) capabilities on all
> accounts.
> There are no hard quotas. However, should your directory exceed
> 10 megabytes, we will check to see if the space your using is
> well justified. This policy will change over time as more
> resources are acquired and allocated for this project.
> Account acceptance is at our discretion and is based on the
> following criteria: relevance (Open Source sofware projects
> only), legitimacy (your project must have a specific goal), and
> appropriateness (no adult or otherwise publicly inacceptable
> material). Furthermore, Netpedia reserves the right to revoke an
> existing account without notice if there is due cause.

slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc.
A member of ARMS -----> http://www.reacharms.com
or http://www.mp3.com/arms or http://www.amp3.net/arms
personal page ----> http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo