[linux-audio-dev] this one has to go into the next linuxsound page

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] this one has to go into the next linuxsound page
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 15:02:27 EST

A complete emulation of a cheesy 80's analog, the Juno 6.

It compiles out of the box, a few details of the GUI are a bit clunky,
and it uses more CPU that I would expect, but its basically a
fantastic piece of work. Not GPL, but you get source.

          http://www.ultramaster.com/juno6/index.html

Lets get these guys on our mailing list. They note:

       UltraMaster group was formed by Karl LaRocca, David Mansfield
       and Julian Haight in December of 1995. We wrote a number of
       free java programs at that time. Including UltraMaster
       Dethtris.

       Since then Julian moved to the West Coast and started Spam
       Cop. Dave started audio programming in 1991, first
       experimenting with a software oscillator outputting through a 1
       bit pc speaker and later with a homemade 8 bit D/A running off
       the parallel port of an ibm XT.

       In 1998 Dave and I started writing a modular synthesizer
       emulation for linux. On January 1, 2000, Dave and I
       incorporated UltraMaster Group, quit our jobs, and started
       focusing full time on developing professional audio software
       for linux. Our first project has been using our code base to
       write a free emulation of the Juno6 synthesizer, produced by
       Roland from 1982 - 1984. Actually we added two features from
       the Juno-6 cousin the Juno-60, a hybrid version of patch memory
       and the vca slider instead of the original volume knob.

--p