Re: [linux-audio-dev] this one has to go into the next linuxsound page

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] this one has to go into the next linuxsound page
From: David O'Toole (dto_AT_qwsi.net)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 18:25:05 EST

Benno Senoner wrote:

> I think they are using GTK + spinlocks in a wrong way,
> leading do both bad latencies and instability of the software.
> (even on the .WAV demo from their site you can hear some cracklings)

Can you explain this issue a little more? I'm gearing up to use GTK+ in
an audio project right now; I'd love it if you could give some info on
do's and don'ts with GTK audio and sync features. You're the low-latency
expert :-) after all and I'm trying to improve this whenever I can.

--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ dto_AT_gnu.org