Re: [linux-audio-dev] hdr disk throughput

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] hdr disk throughput
From: David Jander (djander_AT_alumnos.utfsm.cl)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 12:33:47 EST

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Benno Senoner wrote:
>very simple:
>
>very probably you are victim of the buffer cache
>:-)

I'm stupid, sorry :-)
It was not buffer cache. I did 'ls -l' after running the program to verify that
all 128 Megs had been written, and they did, somehow. But I did not check 'df'
to see if there was enough space on that partition. And I only had 49 Megs of
free space for normal users. (Root can do much more, that's why the program did
not run out of disk space when running as root !) Dang !
I still don't understand why 'ls -l' reported a 128Mb file created by running
'overwrite' as normal user... is this a kernel-bug ? 'du' does only report 49Mb
occupied in that directory ! Hey, this kind of problem reminds me much of
windows :-)

Greetz...

David Jander J.
Electronics Student, UTFSM, Chile