Re: [linux-audio-dev] Real time plug ins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Real time plug ins
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 00:44:58 EST

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Benno Senoner wrote:
> 2)
>
> the ones which can instantiate "in realtime", that means
> no malloc() / disk I/O etc allowed.

Dynamic allocation is required for instantiation. That is, special
host calls will be needed to replace the standard ones. Now, is the
host supposed to do this by hiding malloc() etc from the plugin when
it's loaded, or should we use functions with other names? (I'm still
not convinced that loader tricks are the way to go.)

//David

| A Free/Open Multimedia | | Audio Hacker |
`------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' | Open Source Advocate |
| Rock Solid Low Latency Signal Processing | | Songwriter |
`---> http://www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -' `-> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'