Re: [linux-audio-dev] orphans

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] orphans
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 00:12:15 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:
> But I still use DAP for three things I haven't found in Snd:
>
> 1) Comprehensive loop editing

  there is one problem that I had with DAP - the display of the wave is
in no way related to the sound - I mean in some other audio editors you
can corelate the picture and sound, in DAP i was completely lost - makes
it hard to find the right spot in the sample (which is often beginning
of some louder sound or quiet spot)... anybody else have the same
problem?

> 3) Edit "pencil" for hand-drawing waveforms. Sometimes this is a fun
> gimmick, occasionally it's a lifesaver. I would love it if Snd had
> this.

  oh yes, there nothing like nice hand-made guitar sound sample:-))

        erik