Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA::runAdding()

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA::runAdding()
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 06:01:06 EEST

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Hello. Has LADSPA some preroll feature? I saw such in EMagic's EASI
> system. According to EASI is makes fast starts possible whateverthatmeans.
> Check EASI doc from www.emagic.de.

That's meant for drivers (*), and can be used for getting everything
up running, buffers filled and all properly synced in order to start
playback/record with minimum delay.

(*) That's what EASI is meant for - it's not a plugin API of the
kind we're discussing (VST, LADSPA, TDM, MuCoS, ...), but rather a
driver API, like ASIO. It does support more or less transparent
software emulation of missing hardware features and that kind of
stuff, but it's not adequate for normal signal processing plugins, as
far as I can tell. (I studied the spec a while ago.)

//David

| A Free/Open Multimedia | | Audio Hacker |
`------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' | Open Source Advocate |
| Rock Solid Low Latency Signal Processing | | Songwriter |
`---> http://www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -' `-> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'