Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alternate MIDI controller idea (patent fodder?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alternate MIDI controller idea (patent fodder?)
From: Aaron Thieme (ghede_AT_well.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 07:32:21 EEST

> > > I've actually always wanted a 2-D version! Basically that would be a
> > > touchpad with a bigger surface, at least 5"x5". Making it 2D gives
> > > you one-finger control of 2 parameters, very nice.
> >
> > have you played with a korg kaospad ?

I've always thought it would be awesome to adapt a theremin in this
manner. I recently heard there *are* MIDI output theremins, I think I
read that in the interview with Moog on salon.com... perhaps his second
company put them out...?

Also an interesting alternative to a mouse for live Maxx performances....

 ..aaron

  ghede_AT_well.com
  http://www.quietamerican.org