Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour & snd: the saga begins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour & snd: the saga begins
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 18:52:51 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:
> One thing I just thought of: Commercial FX boxes don't have to run
> fsck every time a drunk guy trips over the power cord. I guess
> there's nothing to be done but add a UPS to the requirements for my
> system...

  or journaling filesystem. it looks like they are coming really soon
(well, they are already here, but I mean being mainstream in linux
world), they can be up&working in few seconds (after crash/power off
without proper sync). I don't know what performance trade-off is though
(if you want to include HD recording).

        erik