Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update (http://www.ladspa.org)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update (http://www.ladspa.org)
From: slinkp_AT_ulster.net
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 19:23:12 EEST

> Probably this should be where it ends though, ie let's
> not endorse -O9 or -ffunny-weird-compiler-trick.
>
> - dave

What about -funroll-loops or -funroll-all-loops? I admit I'm an ignoramus when
it comes to compiler optimizatios, and I don't even really know what loop
unrolling is, but last time I looked the PGCC FAQ recommended loop unrolling for
FPU-intensive work.
I've tried this when compiling csound, and csound definitely takes less time to
run an orc/sco this way.
Is there a disadvantage other than increasing the size of the compiled binary?
Reliability problems or something?

--PW

This message was sent via the Ulsternet webmail system.
http://www.ulster.net