[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update (http://www.ladspa.org)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update (http://www.ladspa.org)
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 17:47:48 EEST

I've shelled out for a decent bandwidth website for LADSPA material. See
http://www.ladspa.org. The CMT plugin library has moved there too - this
now includes Ambisonic support.

I've also ported Jezar's excellent Freeverb reverb to LADSPA from VST. This
proved straightforward, however I'm a little worried about linkage issues
both with CMT and Freeverb: Jezar wishes to keep the plugin closed-source
so he's providing a binary-only release.

As C++ was used, the plugin library references the standard C++ library for
supporting functions - specifically version 2.9 if I remember correctly.
Does this mean that the plugin will ONLY work with 2.9? This is a bit of a
problem IMHO. Would this problem go away if the plugins were to be
rewritten in C, or would specific C library versions then be required?

-- Richard