RE: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with XML for LADSPA GUI?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with XML for LADSPA GUI?
From: John Littler (linuxmusic_AT_crosswinds.net)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 15:00:10 EEST

quoting Richard W.E. Furse:
[x]

> I hope I have the right end of the stick here - I'm a little scared by the
> fact that other people aren't clamouring about this one...

As David Benson said, xml would just be a holder of data and data
descriptions.

but I don't understand this conclusion .. (David Benson)
> this by-and-large precludes gui effects like all those you describe.
> [...]

If the xml is a store of data descriptions and data then the actual
job of doing something with it lies with the parser ... and in theory
at least, pretty much anything could be done.
Or am I missing something?
Cheers
John

--