RE: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with XML for LADSPA GUI?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with XML for LADSPA GUI?
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 19:35:52 EEST

Hmm I suppose we could provide both active and passive approaches - sorry
if my brain hadn't engaged on this one. I suppose it fits in with the
toolkit negotiation process I'd been considering initially, but I'll have
to think about this some more (centralise or devolve?).

On the final section below, looking over the Sound Forge Paragraphic EQ, I
count 18 editable parameters. Whenever I change one, a frequency-response
graph updates. The underlying LADSPA DSP Paragraphic EQ could accept these
18 parameters directly through 18 input control ports. Without the graph
this would be very straightforward and could be generated automagically (or
with XML for the tarty version).

The Sound Forge Graphic Dynamic processor without modification is
problematic as this uses a response function built up of an arbitrary
number of loglinear segments. However, as long as an concrete upper limit
on the number of these segments is imposed then the breakpoint (X,Y)
co-ordinates can be passed through input control ports without difficulty.

-- Richard