RE: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with XML for LADSPA GUI?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with XML for LADSPA GUI?
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 03:28:55 EEST

You didn't quote or address the central paragraph in my email in which I
asked:

        "There's also a little more to the Snd implementation - not only are the
user's breakpoints plotted, but the actual filter shape is displayed. I
expect this widget is essentially unique to the Snd filter. I don't know
how one writes [an] XML widget - is there a standard for this that we could
use? This could be very helpful."

If you really have an XML parser capable of building a GUI based on the tag
you have below then we really don't need a GUI at all - simply write a tag
that says "oh yeah, generate a GUI for these LADSPA plugins" and it'll sort
it out for us. It's all very well to argue "XML will sort it out," but I
need a "how" in there too. It's "real life ! :)" that I'm interested in. [
:-) ! ]

-- Richard