Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage
From: Jarno Seppanen (jams_AT_cs.tut.fi)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 13:22:26 EET

Hi!

Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net> writes:

> this dynamics processor is a particularly important issue for me. the
> h/w based world has forced people into thinking that compression,
> expansion and limiting are all different processes. in the digital
> realm, they are not, and they all can all be handled with a transfer

If someone is willing to volunteer, I've got some code to rip off. Apart from
the transfer function part, I've implemented a compressor-expander-limiter-
noise gate in C++, and the code is in Sourceforge CVS for Sonic Flow. The
code exploits the Sonic Flow paradigm, which can be seen as a plus or a minus,
depending if you're me or not.

Anyway, it's in the directory sf/src/examples/comp-exp.cc, viewable with a
browser at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sf/src/examples/comp-exp.cc?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=sonicflow

> * multiband EQ

I've implemented a 3-band parametric EQ as well, rip it off from the same
place, specifically from the directory sf/src/examples/parameq.cc. The
filter formulas are those of Robert Bristow-Johnson.

--
-Jarno