Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 13:38:03 EET

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 01:34:38AM -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > * harmonizer (really just N pitch shifters)
> ... and logic to tell it what key you're in, if you want to get really
> fancy.

A bit out of my league at the moment, my pitch shifter is FFT based, and
I don't think you could get more than 4 of them running on one CPU.

> I'd only add distortions of various types to that list. Amp and
> speaker simulation is very useful in my music.

I have an overdrive simulator with distortion that sounds quite nice, but
is a bit CPU heavy, I also have the maths for a very fast simple
overdrive that I will implement.

- Steve