Re: [linux-audio-dev] this one's for steve

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] this one's for steve
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 11:14:25 EET

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
[...]
> And now go ahead and tell me that you could use Windows, let alone a
> dedicated processor, to:
>
> * start up the GIMP
> * take a screenshot of the whole mess
> * run display(1), shrink it by 50% (the gimp can't do it!)
> * scp it to sourceforge
> * write this email in Emacs, and send it
>
> all while running the ardour-fx-processor in the background at 5msec
> latency.

We're talking *usable* software audio processing performance here.

Way cool! :-)

//David

| A Free/Open Source | | Audio Hacker |
| for | | Open Source Advocate |
| Professional and Consumer | | Singer |
| Multimedia | | Songwriter |
`-----> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `---> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'