Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 11:24:57 EET

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> i would really like to once again voice my opinion that run_adding()
> should be the default mode of operation for all LADSPA plugins.

++votes;

BTW, the output gain control makes this feature even more usable, I
think, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea to make that
non-optional. The overhead of scaling a buffer is probably not as
serious as having to use extra buffers.

And while I'm at it, why not set_output_gain() that affects both
run() versions, or a gain function for the non-adding run()...? Then
again, as it doesn't make half the difference to the existing gain
control (it doesn't make the difference between 0 and 1 extra
buffers), which must lead to the conclusion that it's a good
trade-off leaving it out.

Enough loud thinking for now. (Bad sign: I'm thinking slower than I'm
typing, thus being unable to filter properly. Need sleep. :-)

//David

| A Free/Open Source | | Audio Hacker |
| for | | Open Source Advocate |
| Professional and Consumer | | Singer |
| Multimedia | | Songwriter |
`-----> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `---> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'