[linux-audio-dev] this one's for steve

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] this one's for steve
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 03:46:14 EET

Now this is what plugin technology is all about. 30 minutes after
steve announces his new plugins, here's a screenshot:

      http://ardour.sourceforge.net/fx-shot.png

its an ardour click track (on disk) being fed through a:

      feedback delay
      comb filter
      wave shaper
      freeverb
      feedback delay

   "boom-chack-chack-chack-<rest>-chack-boom ..."

And now go ahead and tell me that you could use Windows, let alone a
dedicated processor, to:

    * start up the GIMP
    * take a screenshot of the whole mess
    * run display(1), shrink it by 50% (the gimp can't do it!)
    * scp it to sourceforge
    * write this email in Emacs, and send it

all while running the ardour-fx-processor in the background at 5msec
latency.

Its happening, slowly but surely. We'll get there.

--p