Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 04:02:39 EET

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Paul Sladen wrote:

> Another item that is simply solved this way is deciding which
> plugin/thread should be run as the SCHED_FIFO start point.. it's quite
> simple, it's the one connect to the _output_ of the sound card... that one
> just requests all the way up the chain, eventually reaching the sound card
> input, or an hdr output etc...

hmmm , did I hear RECURSIVE ? (or am I missing something ?)
Please no.
I have not seen such a plugin model yet, and VST uses too the
"chain of processing modules" model.
Keep it simple stupid.

As for "deciding which plugin/thread ..."
I can think only of one single SCHED_FIFO thread which schedules
the plugins beginning from the soundcard's inputs until you reach the
soundcard's outputs. (or alternativey disk tracks ins/out).
Just as Paul BD described in his last post.

Benno.