Re: [linux-audio-dev] www.linuxaudiodev.com domain registered

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] www.linuxaudiodev.com domain registered
From: Jay Ts (jay_AT_toltec.metran.cx)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 17:50:36 EET

> ... some kind of campaign to spread the word about LAD's
> existence.

Perhaps the most effective way to do this, besides the Slashdot-like
website, would be to collect email addresses of the audio developers
and send them a short email. This would be somewhat spam-like, but
it's just a matter of doing it with integrity. Just once, with an
explanation that it came from a concern for togetherness and mutual
benefit.

> I have heard [...] arguing that
> it might be a bad thing to publicly announce LAD in such a way, the
> mailing list will get too crowded. And I agree, I can't keep up with
> much more traffic than it currently produces...

It's already a little too much for me. I'd like to be more of an
active contributor, but right now, I don't even have enough time to
read everything. I think the idea of a website on which to offload
the traffic is an excellent idea, assuming that there are people who
are willing to put in the time to maintain it!

- Jay Ts