RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 21:59:44 EET

The problem with the recursive approach is that although it works rather nicely in the following contexts:

Plugin with any number of inputs:
        _
->-[ ]
   [ ]->-
->-[_]

It runs into serious problem when faced with more interesting graphs that include multiple output targets:

Multiple outs:
          _
         [ ]
    _ [ ]->-
   [ ]->-[_]
->-[ ] _
   [_]->-[ ]
         [ ]->-
         [_]

Single output used more than once:
               _
              [ ]
   [ ] / [_]
   [_] \ [ ]
              [_]

These cases can be dealt with - but all the solutions I think of immediately have significant performance costs.

--Richard