[linux-audio-dev] SoftWerk updated and 1st tarball release

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] SoftWerk updated and 1st tarball release
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 03:07:41 EET

After many weeks of putting it off, I finally managed to get around
to updating SoftWerk to work with the most recent version of
libguileconfig. I also used whatever I learnt from the first tarball
release of Ardour to do one for SoftWerk as well. And guess what -
this doesn't need ALSA CVS (it doesn't need ALSA or even OSS - if you
wanted to, you could run it without any sound drivers at all!)

The website is:

   http://softwerk.sourceforge.net/

The best part for me was not the update but a shimmering 5 minute
piece I created with the "randomize" buttons while testing it out. 6
tracks of xylophone fed through a flanged-echo unit, with my PC1600X
fading the tracks in and out. Its a delight. Most people would
probably think that it was a stuck record :)

--regards,
--p