Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: proposed initial DTD for LADSPA-gui-xml .. licensing issues ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: proposed initial DTD for LADSPA-gui-xml .. licensing issues ...
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 18:21:43 EET

In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0011270707330.27092-100000_AT_luca.pas.lab>you write:

that would be something more like:

       if (basename (`cat /proc/self/cmdline | cut -f1`) == "ardour")

forgive the multi-language, multi-idiomatic pseudo code ...

but anyway, yes, I consider this a poor idea as well. still, this is
linux, so anything is possible :)

>> It isn't an extension to the the standard though, its just default behaviour
>> modification. I can't seen any obvious problems with this type of thing,
>> as long as the default graphics were stored somewhere consustant.

Ah, now there's a truly important issue. Its easy to see the options
for storing the XML, which is small. But the graphics ... now, the
defaults will be in a host-specific location, and the plugins don't
need to know about them. but any plugin-specific ones - where do they
live, and in what format ?

--p