Re: [linux-audio-dev] laptop sound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] laptop sound
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau_AT_firstlinux.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 14:29:48 EET

Hi.

I have a Samsung sens820 which has the maestro 2e. It doesn't have any problems with recording and it plays all the generic types fine. I just did a simple test to make sure of that and the cd had no extra noise, the line was a bit noisy but that was probably my fault and the mic was crystal clear.

So I can recommend this notebook for those who want power and reasonable sound.

Only major draw back is that the soundcard has only one input at a time so no chance of multitracking while recording.

The last release of this series was a 650 MHz cpu with 15GB ide hard drive (that's over 20 hours of recording with 2GB to spare) and upto 256MB sdram. Lots of extra ports as well.

Sweetas for a portable IMHO.

Patrick.

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net