[linux-audio-dev] laptop sound

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] laptop sound
From: alex (alex_AT_state51.co.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 18:15:51 EET

Hi,

I'm about to buy a laptop for the sole purpose of making music.

Any advice about which model I should buy, or which sound chip I should
aim for?

The most important factor is sound quality on playback. Some dodgy
internal midi playback would be fun for experimentation, and external midi
would be a dream, but difficult I suspect.

At the moment I'm looking at a laptop sold by dnuk.com, which has a
Maestro 2E soundchip.

Any comments much appreciated. Feel free to respond offlist if you feel
this doesn't fit the topic well, and I'll collate and post a summary.

Alex

--
a fuzzy mind that envelops facts and then digests them slowly
A member of the state51 conspiracy