Re: [linux-audio-dev] opinion sought re: cdda2wav & cdrecord

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] opinion sought re: cdda2wav & cdrecord
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith_AT_bitworks.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 02:14:49 EEST

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000 16:25:48 -0400, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

>cdrdao is a cool program (i have it), but its fundamentally based on 2
>premises that are not true here:
>
> 1) the disc is recorded in Disc-At-Once mode
> 2) the audio data is already available
>
>DAO is a very different way of recording audio, and its not applicable
>to a real-time recorder that may record one track, then erase it, then
>record two more, then add a third, and then finalize.

Ahhh.. I didn't realize that your app was able to record, AND edit. I thought you were just
continually streaming info to the disk for later editing.

You might also take a look at how the latest X-CD-Roast talks to cdrecord. I know that Jorg
mentioned on the cd list that he added some stuff for X-CD-Roast to control cdrecord easier
but I don't remember what it was.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith_AT_bitworks.com               501.846.5777