[linux-audio-dev] Direct multitracking using adat.

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Direct multitracking using adat.
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau_AT_firstlinux.net)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 05:53:03 EEST

Hi,

I've been looking around at ways of setting up a digital multitrack PC.

Can anyone tell me if I'm correct in thinking that if I hook up an A/D converter (8 inputs) directly to a soundcard I can use adat as the transfer protocol?

If I'm right then I would get a swissonic AD24 and connect it to a hammerfall or something similar. Then I would have a very powerful digital 8 track recorder which could be easily upgraded to 16 tracks providing I had the cash.

Thanks.

Patrick.

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net