Re: [ardour-dev] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page

Subject: Re: [ardour-dev] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 16:45:07 EEST

>This is an interesting point. Resizing is out of the question (one of
>the downsides of using pixmap-based GUI's, but distinct windows would
>be very easy. Its now on the TODO list. Thanks for the alert.

That is not a good approach. Resizing is possible when the pixmaps are
generated from larger artwork when needed. Anyone has such resizing
routines? If pixmaps originally comes with 32 colors (say), then the
resampled copies should also have 32 colors, i.e., some quantization code
is needed.

This kind of pixmap routines need to be written in any case. Most likely
a part of the GTK+ so that we don't have to ever again see poor pixmaps
(see DAP and numerous other software, for example).

No patent applied.

Juhana