Re: [linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Ardour : features page
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 02:11:22 EEST

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> I hope you will all like what you see here:
>
> http://ardour.sourceforge.net/features.html
>
> Ardour is getting close to a 1.0.0pre release. Very, very close.

Woo-hoo!

Paul, I noticed the part about assigning multiple tracks to
the same output channel.

This seems useful, but it leads me to wonder: is there (or
will there be) any way to adjust the level of each track so
summed? In effect this would provide a basic monitor mix.

This doesn't matter so much in studios with many many input
/ output channels and a big external console; but then there
will be people like me who want to use ardour for
multitracking at home with limited resources. It'll probably
be a while before I can afford anything as cool as even the
midiman 1010; for now I'm stuck with 2 ins and outs, which
means I could only hear ardour's output by summing
everything to 2 tracks ... without level controls I'm stuck
with absolutely no control over the monitor mix.

It's worth remembering that for many home studios, t > c
where c = number of input / output channels and t = number
of tracks recorded.

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.