Re: [linux-audio-dev] Multitrack code questions (and the Mortal Coil defined)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Multitrack code questions (and the Mortal Coil defined)
From: Frank Neumann (franky_AT_viona.de)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 17:26:39 EEST

Hi all,
Dave Phillips wrote:

[..lots omitted]

> Meanwhile I tried building the sources for MT 1.06b but I hit the wall
> with this error:
>
> gcc -Wall -O2 -mpentium -fomit-frame-pointer -c callback.c -o
> callback.o
> In file included from callback.c:30:
> multitrack.h:180: parse error before `pid_play'
> multitrack.h:180: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of
> `pid_play'
> multitrack.h:180: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of
> `pid_record'
> multitrack.h:180: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> make: *** [callback.o] Error 1
>

> The offending code looks like this:
>

> #include <unistd.h> /* for pid_t */
>
> /* Global definitions for tracks */
> extern Track_info *info;
> extern pid_t pid_play, pid_record;
> extern Track *track;
> extern short int *bigbuf;
> extern Buffer_info *bigbuf_info;
> extern Screen screen[nr_tracks];
> extern long track_begin, track_end, track_length;
>

> Can anyone tell me what's happening there ?

That's simple; just #include <sys/types.h> right after the
#include <unistd.h> stuff. After that, it compiled for me, but still
wouldn't run - I was trying the "-x" option, only to find after a while
that the source I have here (version 2.2; the one Dave's page points at)
does not contain any X support code though it says so in the ReadMe;
looks like that code was never written or the released source is not
supposed to contain it.
(I won't let any svgalib software onto my machine; I consider it as evil
and unportable. Nowadays the overhead caused by X11 is (IMHO) negligible).

Regards,
Frank (that was my first post to this list; Hi!)

PS: Completely off-topic, but: Does anyone have documentation on the
Akai sample exchange ".td0" (Teledisk) format? I started finding out a
few bits here and there, but it's a lot of work..another case of non-portable
stuff, because the "teledisk" decompressor is binary-only, company secret
etc.)

--
   Frank Neumann (franky_AT_viona.de), Software Engineer @ VIONA Development GmbH
       Karlstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany  - phone: +49 721 9134424