Re: [linux-audio-dev] What about debian tasks? [was: Audio distribution revisited]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] What about debian tasks? [was: Audio distribution revisited]
From: Conrad Parker (conradp_AT_cse.unsw.EDU.AU)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 15:47:21 EEST

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 11:31:54AM -0400, Will Lowe wrote:

> I am a Debian developer; I'd be interested in perhaps creating a
> task-audio-workstation that could fill this need.

excellent :)

> what software that's out there but not already available in .deb format
> (and meets the Debian licensing requirements) would need to be packaged
> for Debian?

the LADSPA SDK (header file and some docs), and some existing LADSPA
plugins (esp. the Computer Music Toolkit): www.ladspa.org

this is a common plugin format used by many apps; the app packages
would probably Suggest the plugins and the apps' -devel packages
would Require the SDK.

(I'm not a Debian developer, but I always keep in touch with the
guys who package my stuff. eg. the next release of sweep
(sweep.sourceforge.net; and is in unstable) has LADSPA support [now in
CVS] but it'll be difficult to write that into the package rules if
ladspa itself is unpackaged).

Conrad.