Re: [linux-audio-dev] Cheap 1394 cards

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Cheap 1394 cards
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 15:45:06 EEST

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 01:08:02PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:

> > Actually they are cheaper than I though, FirewireDirect is selling 3 port
> > cards (advertised as Linux compatible) for $70, and 6 port cards for
> > $110. http://www.firewiredirect.com/products/adapters.html
> >
> > They will ship to the UK, but they charge nearly $50 shipping!
>
> and, of course, if you get yourself a G4 - you don't need to buy a card at
> all - firewire comes built-in ;-)

I think my girlfriend would notice a shiny new G4, a PCI card I can get
away with though ;)

Iain: I guess you've given up on Korg producing details of the 1212 too.
Once Yamaha bring out mLAN cards for my 01v, I'll probably switch to
mLAN, should be able to use it in NT too, with a following wind.

- Steve

--
Stephen Harris
MALIBU Technical Officer & JoDI Webmaster