[linux-audio-dev] Re: [ecasound] MIDI-feature wish-list

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [ecasound] MIDI-feature wish-list
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith_AT_bitworks.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 21:15:16 EEST

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:10:43 +0300 (EEST), Kai Vehmanen wrote:

>- custom MIDI messages (this might allow to replace keyboard
> and mouse, with a MIDI-gadget; but is this worth it?)

A generic stand alone form of this would be very handy for the feature set of EVO. In fact the
way I got interested in all this was that Mike Bailey asked me if I could figure out a way for
him to remote control GigaSampler from another PC. IMHO this would be a good feature as well
for any of those dedicated rack mount units we are dreaming about. Perhaps you could end up
doing something absolutely nutty like running a console via a midi channel.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith_AT_bitworks.com               501.846.5777