Re: [linux-audio-dev] discussion about development overlap

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] discussion about development overlap
From: David Benson (daveb_AT_idealab.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 00:12:01 EEST

The client API is in the client/ subdirectory and you
can link with it as `-lgdam-common -lgdam-client'.

The headers aren't in any package (so compiling other clients
will have to depend on the users having the gdam source code
around, unfortunately), but breaking the distribution into a bunch of
pieces is slated for right after the next release.
(basically the pieces will be: client-libraries,
server-runtime, server-dev, client-dev, "launcher" - the gui)

Mostly you'll have to learn the api through the `gdam-dev.sgml' file,
and through the header files. We are working on reference
documentation using a program named codoc, but it's quite skeletal
at the moment.

GDAM is intended to be a general purpose audioserver (ie. to merely
mix and revolumize mp3s no float/fixed conversion is done)
while scaling (with plugins) to as much complexity as we can implement :)

It depends upon GTK+ as a backbone for the plugins.

I forgot to mention last time that of course GDAM would
greatly appreciate any assistance anyone would care to give
us, which was supposed to be the main point ;)

- Dave