[linux-audio-dev] OT: bass lessons, was Re: General Recording Device and Environment Questions

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] OT: bass lessons, was Re: General Recording Device and Environment Questions
From: Paul Winkler (paul_AT_calendargalaxy.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 22:32:57 EET

Steve Harris wrote:
> OT If anyone knows a good online bass tutorial, I'm kinda interested to
> learn, its quite fun. I used to play 6 string when I was a kid, but I
> can't remeber much. Before my current one I had a cheap fretless, but it
> met with an unfortunate accident.

I've looked around this site a bit and it mostly looks like pretty
sensible stuff for beginners:
http://www.guitarnoise.com/bass/index.html
The examples are in bass cleff notation, no tab, so you'll have to be
able to read a bit of standard western notation I'm afraid.

Personally I think the best thing to do at first is just muck around
having fun, and listen to your favorite bass lines and try to figure
them out by ear.

--
custom calendars & printing: http://www.calendargalaxy.com