Re: [linux-audio-dev] 2.4.3 & SB

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] 2.4.3 & SB
From: ljp (ljp_AT_llornkcor.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 03:03:40 EEST

At 18:41 4/10/2001 +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>ljp wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if the SoundBlaster drivers in 2.4.3 have full duplex
> > operation?
> >
> > ljp
>
>forget the kernel drivers, use alsa.
>if you do: YES.
>
>regards,
>
>jörn

Yes,Thanks- I knew alsa does, but I was wondering about the drivers in the
kernel sources.
I have nothing against alsa, but I think most people that are musicians,
who are not too technically inclined, that might use a recording program I
am working on, will not want to fuss with alsa drivers. Most of them will
probably have SB cards. I had heard, some time back before 2.3 that the SB
drivers would be full duplex.

ljp